Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I Want My Food!"

Dear (Mililani Zippy's Manager),
My family and I enjoy eating at your restaurant during the weekends and taking-out food on the weekdays since my dad works at night. We have been doing this routine for about 2 months now. My mom and I never seemed to have any problems with your customer service until not too long ago. It was about 4 weeks ago when my mom, my sister, and myself were coming home from Manoa. It was around 7:30 p.m. and my mom wanted to buy dinner instead of cook, mainly because she was exhausted and grouchy. Obviously my sister and I insisted in eating Zippy's, so we got their around 8:15 p.m.
I wanted to take-out our dinner since my sister and I had homework that needed to be done. We ordered our usuals, popcorn chicken, mini spaghetti, and mini pork  if my mom felt like eating it. The mini chicken is what makes my tummy and my sisters tummy go yummy most of the time, very golden brown, crunchy, and tasty. Although, we don't like eating it all the time. Our order number was in the 620's I believe. I'm not too sure of our exact number. 
My mom was already grouchy, but waiting for our food made her even more grouchy. We were waiting for our order for almost a half an hour. What made the situation more intense and my mom and myself more impatient was that, people who ordered before us got their food before us or 5 minutes after they ordered. For a moment, we thought,"Okay our food is still not done cooking". But, after 4 people got their order before us, my mom got mad, stood up and confronted the workers who were at the front desk.
They didn't seem to care about making us wait. Sure the workers said, "Sorry", but honestly, it wasn't too believable. I thought, "What the heck is their problem!" Really, facial expressions do affect the customers. I felt as if they didn't want to help us. Like they were working for the hell of it. It wasn't the first time that happened. In fact it was the thirds time. After we went through it multiple times, we haven't gone to Zippy's in Mililani, instead we chose to buy dinner from Tasty's or Locol Moco.
I hope my letter does make a change in making your customer service a better one, where people will enjoy not only eating their but taking food, "TO GO". I may not be the only customer with the same problem, their are others as well.
-Ariel Alexis Redoble

2 comments:

Jordyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordyn said...

Your essay is well structured, starting off with the positive aspects of the place that you are writing to and leading in to your issue.
Your description of the situation is very detailed (in your mother's emotions and the food you ordered) and enables the reader to sympathize with your anxiety to recieve your order.
There were just a few grammatical errors. In "It was about 4 weeks ago when my mom, my sister, and myself", 'myself' should be "I". In "Obviously my sister and I insisted in eating Zippy's" it should be "insisted on" and "eating at Zippy's". In the last sentence of the first paragraph "their" should be "there". "Although, we don't like eating it all the time." and "Like they were working for the hell of it." are sentence fragments, they should be part of the sentences preceding them. Lastly, in the final paragraph "their" should be "there".
This is a well structured essay with excellent detail, you just need to fix a few grammatical errors and it'll be great.